The Dream Has Become A Reality!!

The Dream Has Become A Reality!!

Play House Fun!

Play House Fun!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Plans For Next Trip

After our more than wonderful Guatemalan trip, I think we're all ready to go back. The plans are in the works for next Summer. The director would like bumper pads for the toddler beds and twin size sheets for the special needs children. She also said they could use some pack-n-plays for the kids who have seizures. We are going to do our best to accommodate them. We're also planning a fun outing for the kids who are old enough to go. We hope to take the kids to the Guatemala City Zoo next summer. We got a price to rent a bus and driver and the director loved the idea.
I'm going to make a couple of bumper pad sets to match the measurements we took of the beds while we were there. I'll be sending those down soon and making sure they fit before we get some volunteer seamstresses moving on this project.
We'll be finalizing our plans for next Summer's trip in early Spring. I'll post the details here. If you would like to take part, just let me know.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great trip and I might be interested in going next summer-especially if Ben can come too. I also have a spare pack 'n play that I'm more than willing to donate if someone wants to take it down there when they travel. Ben has two and really doesn't like either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Keep me posted as we may want to come along as well as help anyway we can!
    deannabrestensky@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'll keep posting here when we start making definite plans. There are also others who are considering taking children along. We'll know for sure when we get closer to time.

    Aileen, we have a round about connection. My daughter-in-law's sister lives near you and knows of you. Maybe through her, we can get the pack'n play down here. I'll get in touch with you some time soon.

    ReplyDelete