The Dream Has Become A Reality!!

The Dream Has Become A Reality!!

Play House Fun!

Play House Fun!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The packing has begun!

So far today we have five large suitcases full of donated items for Casa Alegria. We still have quite a few more clothes that are not packed yet but we might just save them for my trip in August. We didn't have any luck getting our court date moved up so I'm planning on going down to be there for our hearing on August 10th. I can take a few extra suitcases full of clothes then.

I was going to make a detailed list of everything we have received but I had already vacuum packed some space bags before I remembered that so here's what I'm doing instead. We received:

1 50 gal tote full of clothing

2 32 gal totes full of clothing

several boxes full of clothing

32 baby bottles

16 tooth brushes

50 bars hand soap

18 bottle nipples

16 pacifiers

16 wash cloths

24 spoons

7 rattles

2 hairbrush sets

7 teethers

34 Hot Wheels cars

2 musical toys

1 mobile

1 aspirator

1 pkg infant formula

6 pkg diapers

2 Nerf balls

2 pr flip flops

15 pr baby shoes

coloring books and crayons

assorted toys

We also have some gift cards that were donated so I will have to do some shopping before we go. That means the list will increase!

And that's not all.................look at our thermometer! Can you believe it!!! I am absolutely over joyed! Thank you all so much! I can't wait to see the faces of the orphanage staff and the children when we come in with our haul.

Hopefully the director will break the rules and let us take some pictures of the kids receiving all of their things. I'm not counting on that but if she does, I'll post them here for all of you to see. (the government has very strict rules against taking photos of the children in the government run hogars) We'll just have to wait and see.

I"ll try and post one more time with any new donations before we leave on Thursday night. Please pray for safe travel for the five of us. We really need our plans to go smoothly from the moment we arrive in Guatemala. I am "praying and expecting" they will!

2 comments:

  1. Pam, this is so exciting. Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!!! How amazing!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of those kiddos (especially sweet Nola!). HOPING and PRAYING you can take those pictures. Can you sneak in one of those teddy bear nanny cams?? :) (okay, just kidding!)

    Safe and smooth journey for your family.

    ReplyDelete